Part P Electrician
Progressive Electrics are Part P compliant Electricians.
What is Part P?
Part P (or Approved document P) is the section of the Building Regulations that applies for England and Wales relating to electrical installations in domestic properties.
Part P provides safety regulations to protect householders, and requires most domestic electrical work to be carried out by government-registered electricians, or to be inspected by Building Control officers.
All work undertaken by Progressive Electrics is compliant not only with Part P but also all other relevant Building Regulations such as:
- Part A which relates to a property’s Structure – for example, this is relevant when considering chasing cables into walls and cutting holes in joists
- Part B which relates to Fire Safety – for example, when running cables through floors, walls, ceilings and other fire barriers
- Part C which relates to Site Preparation and Resistance to Contaminants and Moisture – for example, the resistance of moisture in bathrooms or for external installations
- Part E which relates to the Resistance to the Passage of Sound – for example, soundproofing certain installations
- Part F which relates to Ventilation – for example, when installing extractor fans, the ventilation rates of dwellings needs to be taken into consideration
- Part L which relates to Conservation of Fuel and Power – for example, on installation of a new lighting circuit energy efficient lighting will be taken into consideration
- Part M relating to Access To and Use of Buildings – for example, height of socket-outlets and switches to ensure these are conveniently accessible